Pages

25 January 2017

Contiued Conversion

We celebrated today the feast of the conversion of Saul to Paul. However, this is not the one time conversion that we need to commemorate and remember.  In the life of Paul there was a continuous process of conversion.  While the incidents on the way to Damascus and immediately thereafter were significant, they were not the only ones to alter his life and choices.

Even in his epistles we witness a continual process of conversion.  From one time claiming to be an apostle, though not directly chosen by Christ in his lifetime. Paul takes pride in this claim and asserts that he has done much more than the others...
For I am the least of the apostles, unfit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me has not been in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them—though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me (1 Cor. 15: 9-10).
Later his pride is no more as vivid as seen here.  From having him in the picture, he totally focuses on Christ alone.

I think think is what we need to celebrate: a person's loving encounter with Jesus which continually transforms him

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...