Pages

12 February 2009

The Syro-Phoenician woman and her courage

This morning's Gospel was about another of my favourite Biblical figures: the Syro-Phoenician woman. What I like in her most is her perseverance or I could say doggednes! She was determined to obtain this favour from Jesus, come what may. Underlying this strong desire was her faith in Jesus and in herself too. She knew that she HAD to get this favour from him. There was no other go. That is what I like of this woman. That she had faith in Jesus is natural, after she had heard all the reports about him. But to have the guts to 'demand' of Jesus this miracle is something worth meditating and imitating.

Pictorally, I'm reminded of the e-mail that I received a couple of days ago... about a mother squirrel daring to fight a dog for the safety of her little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...