Pages

02 February 2009

Decision making

Today was quite a day. Tempted severely to fall for the 'religious sanctity' of which I mentioned sometime ago (religious instead of liberating people, bind them to oneself), I gracefully and I should say, painfully held back myself.

Speaking about this with Fr TD John, he said something interesting. We prefer to carry the child Jesus - cute, small, chubby, cuddly! Not many are willing to carry the grown up Jesus, for with him comes the cross - and that's heavy!!

I could have solved today's issue by one simply decision of mine. But I chose to help the other, make the decision. It was easier said than done. But now, at the end of the day, I feel happy at that decision of mine to let the person concerned arrive at a conclusion and stand by it.

Growth comes not because I take decisions and make resolutions; growth happens when we stand by those decisions and resolutions. That is the real challenge: to live and grow through the decisions and conclusions we arrive at. If need be bear the insults, soak the glory, wade through misunderstandings and if wrong, be willing to make amends too. It's all part of the game called 'living'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...