Pages

16 February 2009

The rich kid called Jesus!

Listening to the long sermon of yesterday, I was struck by one idea of the Priest: that if Jesus were to be born again, he would probably not be born poor.

I found myself agreeing to that for the simple reason that if Jesus were to be born poor, he'd achieve nothing reach out to no one great. Given the influence of media and the place/portion of poor being represented in media, Jesus' message and ministry would be limited to some slum or village at the most.

Another stronger reason I found myself agreeing to this idea was that in today's era, it is perhaps the richer who need the Messiah much more than the poor. The poor already know to live life and make the most of it. It is the unfortunate rich who are at a loss, in spite of having all the comforts of life and living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...