Pages

27 February 2009

Kids in the Shrine!

There were plenty of kids today for the way of the cross and the mass, thereafter. Some were zealous to do the serving (Ajay and Vijay). Others were keen to sing, announce page numbers and read the commentary. Some were more than keen to hold the placards with the station number/pictures. I asked Chandana if she remembered which stations of the cross she was holding the placard. She remembered the number but not the title! But that was good enough - silent and devout girl that she is. Her younger brother was silent today - that's because he was sleeping all through.

Then there was Jeyaraj's son, Andrew with his only antiphon: 'When will the Mass get over?' It changed only when the Mass got over: "Mass is over now?" Then there was my friend Sushma - the terror! Her very presence spells confusion, destruction and chaos! Margo's son, Kenny is no better. Of late, there is another tsunami in the making. I'm yet to learn her name just as I am yet to see her walking - she's always running!

And what was I doing all this while - watching this whole drama unfold. Truly I did not pray much today but my resolve to spend time with the youngsters and kids was strengthened. I'm glad I spent some time talking to Edwin this evening. I could see many a people raising eyebrows watching me talk to him so freely on the drive, outside the house. But one thing I can say, whatever these youngsters are upto or into, they are youngsters. With me, he is at his best. So why not help him see the best he can be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...