Pages

16 February 2009

"You're not smiling as before!"

Today I received a 'remark' from one of my staff members! Thanks to the cordial rapport we share can really talk to me. This evening as one of them walked into my office with her file, I asked 'what'. She looked very surprised. It was only then that I looked at the watch and it showed 5 O'clock - closing time! I couldn't believe it. She realised that I was lost in work and had completely lost track of time. She laughed and said, "Brother, we know you are getting busy and busy these days. That's what many are saying." I replied, "I can't help that, I guess." She was about to leave the office and then she turned back and said, "People say one more thing." I asked her what it was and she said, "That, you're not smiling as before."

Now that was 'a' remark! I know very well that the last few days have been a bit taxing given all the meetings and correction of papers and correspondence and administration. But I guess people are more observant about me and changes are quickly noticed. Even this morning Mallesh, our dhobi asked me something which left me wondering if all is OK with me! My worst fear, even when confident that I'm doing great, is that I'm losing touch with people. Time to review...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...