Pages

17 December 2016

Rich content of RE

A couple of days ago I was happy to join an RE (Religious Education) class of year 13 at the Salesian school in Chertsey.  Though the new syllabus is yet to be formulated and finalized, I was quite surprised at the content of the course.  It had basically most of what I was teaching as part of the  course on Philosophy of God for our students in Karunapuram and Kondadaba.

I found it very surprising that the content of the course was so rich and intense and students were very much involved - at least half of them!  Moreover this forms part of their final results.  As I sat in class, I was trying to recollect getting our Brothers to show some interest in the class for Philosophy of God, with not much of success. And here were school-going kids reading stuff, coming up with challenges and critiques, questioning like mature adults, presenting sound arguments and filled with zeal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...