Pages

25 April 2010

The paper dilemma

One of my conscious efforts over the last three years has been the use of paper - or rather the reuse of it. With great care I've avoided using fresh paper even to the extent of ridicule by confreres. But I really don't mind. On the contrary, I feel good when people poke fun at me for being stingy about recycling paper and used envelopes. Of my three years in office I managed to collect nearly 60 kgs of just A4 size paper. Of this 35 was purely two sided used and good for no reuse. This I recently sold and 'earned' Rs 175! Even for that my staff was fooling me! Never mind. Another 20 kg I have been using for printing all sorts of drafts and e-mail conversations that go into the files. I still have half of it stacked up in the cupboard under the printer. Another 5 kgs I recently sent across to the Philosophate for the Brothers to use, especially for the third years who will be beginning their thesis work. Of course, from time to time, I've also been setting fire to confidential stuff (that needs to be discarded) but that too after making use of it in some way or the other.

But now I practically waste half an hour (or more) staring at nearly 6000 sheets of paper (single side used) but highly confidential matter. I will no more be in this office (just two weeks left for me to move out) and I don't know what to do with this 'forest'. I don't have the heart to set fire to it (being highly volatile matter, it will certainly catch fire faster, but...).

Any suggestions??

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...