Pages

31 July 2017

Jesuits and Pope Francis

Today we celebrate the feast of St Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Jesuits.  And from the little that I know of the Jesuits, I'm sure they're not as fanatics of Ignatius as we Salesians are of Don Bosco!  Good for them!

During Mass this morning Fr John prayed for Pope Francis.  It was only then that I re-remembered that he is a Jesuit.  However, his beautiful exemplary life witnesses Christ and the Gospel values more than his congregational lineage.  So no complaints.  It also occurred to me whether Jesuits do or did approach him for any special favours for the congregation over the last couple of years of his pontificate?  I don't think so.  The Jesuits wouldn't do that.  And even if they did want to, knowing the person of Pope Francis, they'd not approach him!

They're only few people of real calibre whom you know for sure what not to approach for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...