Pages

20 July 2017

RIP: Fr Ivor Netto

Yesterday was the funeral of Fr Ivor Netto, at Shiplane Cemetery Farnborough.  It was the first time I witnessed the burial here in England.  It was quite sober and quick.

I had met Fr Ivor on two previous occasions.  The first time was during the memorial Mass of Fr Frank Sutherland, my first visit to Farnborough.  The second time was in the month of May when I was making my retreat at Farnborough.  In the month of June I had contacted Fr Ivor for some help with editing a text of someone else.  He had agreed to complete the task by the end of the month.  However, his sudden death due to a stroke towards the end of the month, left me wondering how much of the work he did complete. So with permission from the administrator of the house, I did manage to hack into his laptop only to discover that he had not started it at all!  Anyway, God rest his soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...