Pages

24 May 2017

First of the Last

Today for the first time I received the sacrament of the anointing of the sick.  Well, not that I am sick or gravely ill but that it is the custom of the house here, (meant for the elderly confreres) to have the sacrament of healing during the retreat.  So in the evening before the service the preacher, Fr Hugh Preston asked me, "Surely, Vincent you would not like to be receiving this sacrament?"  I replied, "Why not? If everyone is, then I'd be happy to receive the blessing too!"  So it was... and hope it will do me good to get rid of some illnesses!

On the same note, am reminded of the little boy in the catechism class who was asked by the teacher, as to how many sacraments are there, and he replied, 'None'.  The teacher said, "What?" The boy was quick to explain, "My grandma had the last one!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...