Pages

24 February 2017

Death. Birth. Wedding.

I think this is the first time in my life that I get to attend three different events, in quick succession.  Yesterday was the funeral of the mother of one of our confreres. Today was the birthday of a confrere.  Tomorrow I'd be driving Fr John to London to help him preside at a nuptial Mass.  Death. Birth. Wedding.

Perhaps a priest would have many of such events, but as a Brother this is the first time I'm experiencing this series of events in succession.  Honestly, find a distinct reflection on each of these aspects possible - and in a way meanigful too, though not always perfectly intelligible or complementary.  Yet to see them as all as one, as life itself, is getting too complicated.

Perhaps that's what life is all about: great and interesting in its diversity, complicated in its totality! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...