Pages

25 November 2016

To leave something behind (Sean Rowe)

Came across this particular song, which is the closing song of the movie 'The Accountant'.  Loved the song, especially the lyrics.  It is said to be the parting message of a father to his son.  Lovely words...


I cannot say that I know you well 
But you can't lie to me with all these books that you sell 
I'm not trying to follow you to the end of the world 
I'm just trying to leave something behind 

Words have come from men and mouse 
But I can't help thinking that I've heard the wrong crowd 
When all the water is gone my job will be too 
And I'm trying to leave something behind 

Oh money is free but love costs more than our bread 
And the ceiling is hard to reach 
Oh the future ahead is broken and red 
But I'm trying to leave something behind 

This whole world is a foreign land 
We swallow the moon but we don't know our own hand 
We're running with the case but we ain't got the gold 
Yet we're trying to leave something behind 

My friends I believe we are at the wrong fight 
And I cannot read what I did not write 
I've been to His house, but the master is gone 
But I'd like to leave something behind 

There is a beast who has taken my blame 
You can put me to bed but you can't feel my pain
When the machine has taken the soul from the man
It's time to leave something behind 

Oh money is free but love costs more than our bread 
And the ceiling is hard to reach 
Oh the future ahead is already dead 
So I'm trying to leave something behind 

I got this feeling that I'm still at the shore 
And pockets don't know what it means to be poor 
I can get through the wall if you give me a door 
So I can leave something behind 

Oh wisdom is lost in the trees somewhere 
You're not going to find it in some mental gray hair 
It's locked up from those who hurry ahead 
And it's time to leave something behind 

Oh money is free but love costs more than our bread 
And the ceiling is hard to reach 
When my son is a man he will know what I meant 
I was just trying to leave something behind 
I was just trying to leave something behind

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...