Pages

17 September 2010

Love and forgiveness

Jesus forgave the prostitute her many sins since she loved much. In the light of the fag end of the semester and all the students rushing to finish their assignments and submit them, some invariably fail to meet the deadlines. They innocently ask for extension and pardon. I've been strict, really strict with them!! As I listened to the gospel and Fr Wilson's homily yesterday, I was wondering if I should forgive them... after all I ought to love them. So if I love them, I ought to forgive them. However, in this case, I do not think it is an act of charity of real love to forgive. Jesus forgave the woman and she never sinned. I am not sure if I have that trust that these brothers, the defaulters, will not repeat this lethargy the next time round. Granted 'bail' once easily, they'd not really be serious about their duties and commitments later, for they'd know that we would be kind to them.

On the other hand, I don't think genuine love would debate or ask so many questions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...