Pages

01 July 2008

Prejudices and Impressions...

Heard this morning about the tragic death of Fr Johnson Moyalan... and immediately my mind went to some other people connected with him in his life! How humanly we often think - if not mostly! During the meditation this morning I was wondering if everything now seemed OK... whether now things would settle down. But somehow could not make sense of things! Thought it best to leave it in the hands of God.

Later during the day when people enquired about the deceased I was quite enthusiastic and convincingly shared news and views - that too with an air of authority. Only later to be humbled - and ashamed - by the realisation that I never lived with this person, not even met him!! How then could I speak of him with such conviction? I realised I was speaking from here say... what others said I made it my own... but can I do so? Perhaps most of our knowledge and information is from others but unless I'm convinced of it or have verified it, I doubt if I can authoritatively speak about it - all the more if it concerns the life of people.

The more I thought about the death and him, the more my mind wandered off in several other directions, till I decided to simply pray - but again, not sure what for!!!

1 comment:

  1. This post reaches out and connects with me...i guess expressions of truth do that..good luck...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...