Pages

13 July 2008

Parable of the sower and the seed... or soil?

My good friend, Joy Fernandes from Mumbai Province gave a very stirring sermon one day in the Shrine of the Madonna, Matunga when I was there for my studies a couple of years ago. Rather than the concentrate on the sower he called drew our attention to the other part of the title. Listening to this morning's sermon reminded me of that reflection of Joy. Is the parable really about the Sower and the seed or the soil? Anyhow, whatever the title, I'm more interested in understanding the meaning of the narration in my life. I think there is a major difference when the soil in the parable is compared to myself. While the soil cannot change itself, I can! No matter what the circumstances may be, what the conditions may be, wherever I may be... I still can decide to be and do what I ought to do. It is now up to me for I believe God has done His part by planting the seed. Nurturing the seed to its full potential is my duty... after all I am the soil.
But can I really do away with the Sower? Has he no more role to play?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...