Pages

07 July 2008

Called to be fishermen... or the bait?

After bath this evening my eyes fell on the calendar in my room... which has a nice painting of Joey Velasco, a Filipino painter who has a knack at painting scenes with a real depth of meaning and purpose. The month has a short reflection on being called to be fishermen for God. I was wondering if Jesus called His disciples to be 'fishers of men' then there must be something special about it. Toying with the idea I found myself imagining what would be the bait used by the 'fishermen'. I realised the best and only bait could be my life, my words, my relationships.... in short, my whole self! Anything other than that is not good enough for the catch intended! So perhaps when Jesus is calling us to be 'fishers of men' what He truly means is that we be the bait of The Fisherman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...