Pages

23 July 2008

Prayer of a Priest...

As I was clearing the tons of paper lying about in the drawers and boxes and other places in the hall with the help of Shekar, I came across this short prayer that I remember typing in December for the Deacons. Then, caught up with the work, I never bothered to really read and understand it... today I did ... at least to some extent!

Lord God, I stand before you as a microcosm of the earth itself, to give it voice. See in my openness - the world's opennes, in my infidelity, the world's infidelity, in my sincerity - the world's sincerity ... in my self-preoccupation - the world's forgetfullness of you.

For I am of the earth, a piece of the earth, and the earth opens or closes to you through my body, my soul and my voice. I am your priest on earth. (Ron Rolheiser)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...