Pages

22 July 2008

I, me and myself!?

Today became conscious of my own blessings... especially by way of health. While Br Gabriel went down fighting sugar and bp, I've neither. No physical ailments or pains or obstacles that keeps me from doing all that I wish to. Nothing mental that distracts me from the work at hand - other than other work, on the 'other hand'!! Loving family that is always there to understand and support me rather than be a constant worry as to 'now what?'. Compared to so many around me who struggle with these basic things, I'm truly and very much blessed - in abundance! Thank you Lord! But I also see another side of the same 'blessedness': I really don't understand their pain and anxiety. Do I? When a good friend of mine shares with me his family woes, I listen but then what? I really don't understand his situation because I haven't gone through that hell. When someone comes to me complaining of a constant migrane or backache, I wonder why doesn't he get on with his work rather than all the while talk of aches and pains! Am I really able to see beyond myself, my gifts and comfort zones to be able to really sympathize and empathize with others? Lord please help me grow with your blessings rather than be self-content with myself. .... and thank you for myself too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...