Pages

28 July 2008

The utility of doing nothing!

Earlier I used to hate going to the saloon for a hair cut. The barber's chair was the one that I dreaded most and therefore avoided as long as possible! Not for fear of being cut or bruised .... just that seated on that chair, one can do nothing but sit! To sit that way for half an hour was a real pain. And now.... how I long for the same!! Truly, what a change of perspective! Now I really wait for the time to go and sit on the barber's chair... just to sit!
Some years ago I read a line sent to me by mail (if I'm not mistaken, it is Christopher - none better than him for such matters!): If you managed to spend your whole afternoon on a perfectly boring day, doing nothing, you've learnt the art of living! Then I'd rubbished this whole idea, but now I see some wisdom in it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...