Pages

02 July 2008

Judgement and experience...

Remembered this morning about something that I discussed with my students in a class of Epistemology sometime ago. The whole point about judgement and experience... what comes first and how and why? Somehow, I remember sharing with them the following that I read in a college magazine:

A note was stuck on the science lab which read 'Good judgement comes from experience' and someone then asked, 'What about experience?'. "Ah, experience, that comes from bad judgement!"

Well then, rather than initiate the chicken or egg debate, I left it at that.

Perhaps good to leave a few questions unanswered rather than provide solutions for everything in life! They say our human brains function like parachutes: useful only when open!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...