One of the only quotes I've ever had as a desktop wallpaper was the following quote:
Of late I've realised it a perfect summary of what I've been trying to tell for quite sometime about the way we operate and seek funds. Most of us seek funds with only a concept in mind - never tested, never really the need (that's the real sin!) and never out of genuine concern for the poor but mostly to fan our desire to 'work'. Instead of that, the best and the proper way is to identify the need, and start with something small, with whatever is at hand! Let others see that noble and qualitative work you do, with the meagre resources you have and then they'll naturally pitch in! If not with tons of financial resources, with what they have or can. Most importantly, people for and WITH whom you are doing this apostolate will own it.Attract rather than chase!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment