A couple of months ago I noticed a dove carrying twigs to build its nest right in our Provincial house, lobby. That too on the small stand close to the ceiling used to place the internet modem! I tried to shoo it away a couple of times. Mostly frightened that they'd mess up the modem and internet connectivity. And I took it for granted that it would not continue building there given that the junction is almost always busy. It has the reception. The photocopier is in there. The children coming for their daily classes sit there. And it is practically the path most used by any and everyone coming into the house!
I was wrong! The doves did build their nest and two weeks ago I saw two tiny heads popping out of that pedestal! There was barely any nest as such! And since the last couple of days, I noticed the two tiny ones have already grown feathers and are now already taking their first flights!
In spite of my reluctance, I'm in a way happy to see birds build their nest in our homes. It is a sign of blessing and tranquility for me. Invariably there are different kinds of birds building their nests inside the quadrangle, around the lawn. Most often in the bushes around the lawn (white-browed wagtail), twice (doves, again) on the LED focus lamp on the first floor, at times in the creepers at the Chapel corner (sparrows) or outside the Secretary's office.

.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment