Pages

08 August 2009

Loosing sleep over dreams

Dreams are considered as signs of deep sleep but some say they are signs of a disturbed sleep. Whatever be the case, these days both, sleep and dreams, are rare. I can't even remember when was the last time I dreamt! But I've always found dreams fascinating. They always reveal something to me, mostly about what is to come. But the best part is that when something happens, I would have already forgotten about the dream but some faint memories linger and make me feel as though I've been through that particular event or circumstance before.

I remember Fr Blany taking a session on dreams and study of dreams and all, while I was at Nashik. I really never got to understand what he said then. Neither do I remember anything of what he said then. But this morning it struck me that I really haven't dreamt since long!!

During my meditation this morning, I tried to widen this 'dream' and see if at all I have a 'vision' at all for myself, my work and my future. It was difficult to 'see' one. Perhaps an indicator that things are just running 'one day at a time' without a goal or aim. And then today I read this quote, which now is troubling me all the more: 'Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...