Pages

13 April 2017

The watching

Sitting for the "watching" after the Maundy Thursday service in silence, I could empathize with the apostles that original night.  The apostles had no clue of what was coming.  The subtle hints that Jesus dropped on them made absolutely no sense to them.  Neither was Jesus direct and forthright with them.  They really did not expect anything like this to happen - at least they weren't too observant of the politics around.

The only difference between them and me was that I was not one bit sleepy.  I've really turned into a sort of owl - awake by night and sleepy by day.  For the rest, I think, there was no difference between me and them.  Never really could dwell on what is coming about tomorrow and the rest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...