Pages

04 April 2017

Jesus' choice

… I did not come on my own, but He sent me (Jn 8: 42). 
To choose of one's own accord to accomplish a task is a greater motivation than when entrusted by someone else. Jesus uses the word 'command of my Father' and some use this as an excuse to say that He had no choice.  It was a 'command'.  However, he still could have not followed the command.  He had that choice.  Jesus said and did His work primarily because God sent Him. But not out of spite or compulsion, but because He, in turn chose to do what was asked of Him.

Am I a Christian because I was born in a Christian family? Or that I have made a definite choice to live it? Do I do good because the Bible says so or because I have made a conscious choice to make that instruction mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...