Pages

25 September 2008

Passionate love - the only possible love

This evening as I was trying to search a bookmark on a page, I came across this line (in bold!): In the discernment process of a vocation to religious life, it is not only good to desire to a married life but sometimes necessary. For some this may sound shocking... not for me! I fully agree with this proposal/fact. Several times, the emphasis is on "passionless love" - which I believe is non-existent. We cannot love someone dispassionately! When we really are in love we love with our whole heart, our whole mind and our whole body. There is no half love or partial love. So if I'm speaking of love, I don't find any reason why it should not be qualified with 'passion'. So is the case with commitment - there is no temporary commitment (one can read that as vows or profession)! A commitment is a commitment. How you live that commitment is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...