Pages

14 September 2008

Ideal time and real time...

Today I realised how much I missed out on friends and companions who had called over the last few days just to say hello! When I checked out my mobile inbox and missed call list, it was quite long. Not that I was free and avoided them. Just that they happened to call when I was really caught up with something and I had said to myself, let me attend to them later. That 'later' never happened. I really need a 'retreat'!!! Luckily most of my friends know me and they understand that I am not a guy who'd avoid someone!

Last night as I was scratching my head for a quote to display on the welcome board for the meeting beginning tomorrow, I came upon this one: Most of us wait for the perfect path to begin our journey, without realising that paths are made by walking, not waiting. Perhaps I need to learn from that. Friends are made - and kept - not by waiting for the ideal time to talk, catch up with them, but by a casual call, a mail and a thought now and then. Just to say hello and say you're remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...