Pages

25 September 2008

Mission

I read the message of the Holy Father for Mission Sunday (Oct. 19, 2008). Frankly, not impressed!! I know not why! Anyway, was then thinking what is my understanding of 'mission'. I put these few lines - rather, WROTE these few lines.

My mission is to live my CATHOLIC SALESIAN life to its hilt. (I would not like to use the word 'proclaim'. It has a very limited connotation today). Therefore whatever it would take to LIVE as a CATHOLIC and a SALESIAN, I'd do it to the best of my ability. As for the question of conversion, as someone said, 'that's God's work'.

But I should confess, there are times when I have not made the choice of being a Catholic and a Salesian, explicit. Not for fear of any fundamentalist repulsion or danger, just fear of not living up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...