Pages

21 September 2008

Learning from the 'method in madness'

Helping out at the national consultation on Juvenile Justice was an experience in itself. Reminds me of the phrase Fr Maliekal sometimes uses: 'method in madness'. Though I must admit that I am yet to find the method - because I still see more madness than method in the whole programme - I would say there's always something to learn from everything. Positive elements: so many people - zealous and self-sacrificing, nice interaction with a variety of people, informative, inspiring sessions and arguments, time to catch up with some good friends, being with Fr Koshy!

I don't mention the negative elements for they may exceed well beyond the available space - may be I need to take a 'historical distance' from the whole event to comment negatively on it. Anyway, the best I liked about the whole experience was observing people as to how they go about their work. Like the quote I read somewhere a few days ago (something like this): Some turn up with their noses in the air, some turn up with their head held high, some turn up with their faces downcast and some don't turn up at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...