Pages

07 September 2008

Living - and preaching - integrally

Jesus' preaching had an impact so powerful that it still echoes. But then why doesn't so, our Sunday sermons? Perhaps we contradict what we spoke about last Sunday!! Well that's what I realised today! The sermon was certainly speaking the very opposite of what was said last Sunday! Now I don't remember what the Gospel was last Sunday - or even this morning! But the sermons were truly in totally different directions. That set me thinking how difficult it must have been for Jesus to speak for three years to different groups, different contexts - unless he KNEW what he was speaking and was COHERENT in his thought. I speak now because I've got to speak. That's why I believe more and more that we need to see the whole picture of life rather than get stuck to bits and pieces. Knowing life in as broad a sense will help live those bits and pieces practically, meaningfully and happily!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...