Pages

01 May 2020

Prayer to St Joseph, the worker

To write this on the feast of St Joseph, the worker, is really ironic: Am really busy!!  However, don't know what to get through first.  The easiest solution or the most practical one would be, "Get off one's butt!" but what to do if most of my work is to be done on my butt and on fingertips!  Of course, the mind has to do the most strenuous task!  Easter still seems far away for this Lenten cross of work at the desk.

So here's my prayer to St Joseph, the worker:
Dear St Joseph and family,
Help me,
discern, not delay;
be grateful, not mourn the kind of work I have at hand;
see the bigger picture, rather than my laptop alone!
As I thank you for the numerous opportunities
and the plentitude of possibilities,
may I respect my priorities, the availability of time,
and be diligent about them all.
Above all, help me do all my works with a genuine love,
and for God and others! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...