Pages

18 May 2020

What to do?

What would I do if all formal and established forms of ministry are no more possible?  Would I be willing to still do what I can?  Will I be prepared to make that shift? 

The (part-time) work at the school may not be on offer next academic year.  What I thought would be a formidable time-filler for the rest of my stay here in this country is no more on the table.  One big part of me feels a bit sad: Did I not do well enough?  But a small part of me also feels a bit relieved.  I don't have to press the pedal too hard to fit in!  I've always taken pride in teaching for life, not for exams.  Moreover, the pandemic has shown me that work will always be available.  I only need to be available. 

However, I ask myself, what if tomorrow there is no teaching at all left to be done - not just here but anywhere in the world?  What then would I be doing?  No more official posts and duties of dean, administrator, teacher... how then do I make the most of myself?  Perhaps I'm not that kind of a person who instantly engages with the world - recognizing a need and responding to it appropriately.  Never felt the need to do it.  Never did it!  But if worse comes to worse, will I be able to make that shift?  What do I do to be prepared for that?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...