Pages

19 May 2020

Lockdown musings

It has been more than two months since the eldest confrere at home has driven his car or left home.  Only the other day he went out, more for want of a breath of fresh air than anything.  He went to the pharmacy to collect his prescription and of course, picked up a couple of bottles of wine from an adjacent shop.  On hearing that he went out and did some purchase as well, one of us at table asked with a very serious tone, "Did you atleast have your mask on?"  He replied, "Of course, I had it... in my pocket!"

--- 

Another confrere has been at home since the lockdown began. His father was terminally ill.  He had asked us to redirect his post, leaving behind his home address.  About a month ago I drove down to his place with his mail.  But I could not locate the main entrance.  Google maps only led me to his garden gate.  Nonetheless I did see his car.  So I called over his mobile and told him that I was outside his house and knowing that he wasn't too keen to meet anyone, informed him that I was leaving the post on his car.  Last week another confrere cycled down there with his post.  He said he put it in his letterbox.  I was surprised he found the main door. And when asked he described for 2 to 3 minutes, the route.  He concluded, "That's it.  I dropped his letters at no. 7" "No. 7??" exclaimed two of us at the table.  "But he lives at no. 5!"  So much for door delivery!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...