Pages

16 May 2020

Gentleness and reverence

The second reading of the sixth Sunday of Easter, a letter from St Peter, was almost a personal reminder of my own resolution, at the beginning of the year.  It was all the more striking because I failed in it even today!
Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who asks you for a reason for your hope, but do it with gentleness and reverence, keeping your conscience clear... 
I am aware that at times when I reply, the response is always laden with contempt and sarcasm!  It arises not just from the question or the immediate context, but from a deep rooted bias that I nurture against some principles or people.  However, good and worthy my point is, the fact that I condescend an opinion, and sometimes even people, I already lost the point.  My conscience is not clear!  One good cannot be wrought about by doing something worse.  I'm driving home the wrong message.  The problem is not with the message, it is with me. 

Gentleness and reverence!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...