Pages

03 January 2012

At home

Spending time with my two year old nephew and watching others, especially my Mum, deal with him is something interesting. I always find myself comparing this whole 'exercise' with my style of dealing with the Brothers in the Seminary... after all they are my boys! The more I observe, the more I realise that they are two different methods. Handling kids is not always the same as dealing with grown ups. With children one ought to play a different game, while with grown ups it is something different. I know only a straight direct way, but with children you got to go round and get them to do what you think is best. If there is something I wish to let my Brothers know, I drop strong hints which in case are not picked up, I spell it out in as blunt a manner I can. But with my nephew here, he is sharp, he picks up my looks and understands that I do not approve the mischief he is working at. He will either start crying or turn around and carry on with what he has in mind.

That said, two things are very similar with regard to Brothers and kids: both need to be told what is best for them and they need to be dealt with delicately (the kids more than the adults).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...