Pages

24 January 2012

Priorities

I was at the bank yesterday and spent almost two hours sorting out transactions of the Seminary accounts. All along the bank employees were very kind and did offer me a great amount of help. They kept suggesting things that I need to do which would help me get the most of the available resources. Most of it was going way above my head. At one point, I laughingly shared with them, "Just understanding and putting things in the right place itself is costing me my hair! Anything more would see me lose even the little piece of brain I have below that hair!" They all had a hearty laugh ... and we carried on with our work.

I was thinking to myself, there are so many confreres who are so adept at all this financial transaction and even, manipulation. To them this seems a child's play. Should I too master this financial domain too? The temptation is there but in order to get to know the nuances of it, I need to give up something else. Now that's a pretty loss. I certainly have my priorities right. Financial administration is one area I'd rather be ignorant than give up something which I feel, as a religious I ought to focus on. To get the basics of essential aspects of life in general, yes, but to gain mastery of all aspects of life, I think is stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...