Pages

03 January 2012

Values on TV serials

I realise that everytime I come home for my holidays I end up writing something about the hindi serials that are screened all day (and night) long on the various channels on the TV. This time round I also watched a couple of them along with every one in the family. Something that struck me was that of the three that I have been watching for the past week or so, one of them has indeed taken a slightly educational value. Frankly speaking I'm watching them after a gap of seven months and yet I can still remember the basic story line and don't seem to have missed much. Now coming to the one that I have in mind, it has as its focus the development of the woman. Though the setting and other aspects are very much questionable, the theme being driven by the directors at least boldly advocates women empowerment, especially through education and leadership roles. That at least is praise worthy. Let's see how and what further values it incorporates (for I'm sure it'll run another century!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...