Pages

20 January 2012

Work done easy!

I spent the whole day today in my room itself. I sent word to the Principal that I wouldn't be taking classes - perhaps one of the few times in my whole life when I've skipped classes. I took time to correct the dissertation papers of my students. But this year, thanks to their lethargy and the freedom given to them, there is absolutely no stuff in their papers. That makes my work really very easy as I barely have anything to correct therein.

It is really surprising to see the standard of students these days. Earlier times, as school children reading was a compulsory requirement. In the aspirantate, book summaries were demanded. In the philosophate we had to almost by heart the whole library. And now, our Brothers spent their whole year with just one book and still there is barely anyone who can claim that he understood at least one-third of it. What a shame! It is not that the books approved were of some Heideggar or Lonergan! Far from it, most of them were just some 'booklets' with a hard cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...