Pages

10 January 2012

Pleasant surprise from Shankar

I was surprised to receive a Christmas greeting from Chota Uddepur yesterday. It arrived in my name addressed to the Provincial house. At first I thought it must be from Ramesh but then the address was anything but a Salesian residence. The card inside too had nothing more than a line of greeting and a couple of signatures... none of which helped me identify the sender. I flipped the card over and looked at the photos there. It was of some school children and all of that. And then I suddenly saw a face I can never forget... Shankar. He was my companion during my M.Ph. At Divyadaan, Nashik. It was his family photo and that of his school.

I wrote a reply to his card today... and it was a real pain. Not the sentiments but the hand. I realised that it was ages ago that I ever WROTE a letter. I certainly have mastered my typing speed but in the process have paralysed my handwriting. It took me 45 minutes to complete a two page letter... something I would have accomplished in 10 minutes straight on the laptop. I certainly need to start 'writing'... literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...