Pages

09 January 2012

Down memory lane...

On reaching the Provincial house and interacting with the confreres and staff, the best compliment that I received was from one of the newly appointed cook. When I happened to meet her just outside the refectory, I politely smiled to which she smiled back and asked me, “Are you the Brother who were here earlier and who used to make everyone work with a smile?”

That and the joyful remembrance of the other staff members brought to my mind that at Kondadaba I barely laugh loud... certainly not as heartily and loud as I used to while in the Provincial house. Now that does not mean that I'm 'less happy' there than when I was here. Perhaps I was letting too much of my role (as dean of studies) overshadow me (as who I really am). That was perhaps my first insight or introspection, even before the retreat began.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...