Pages

11 January 2012

Asking questions AND...

One of the distractions of today was the chat I had with a confrere I know since I was a kid. The main point of his sharing was his concern about the growing sense of carelessness among the younger confreres in the name of freedom. He strongly felt (and I do agree) that the young Salesians (even newly professed) think and behave as if everything is fine with them and there is nothing that they need to know or worse, improve or grow in. Reflecting about this in my personal time, it struck me that I always thought of relevant questions as the key to mature living. I now would like to add a further dimension to the same. Perhaps, given the context, asking questions is not the final stage of philosophizing. It is but the beginning. One needs to make a sincere and valiant effort to seek relevant answers for those questions. While most of the students of philosophy (especially my Seminarians) do not arrive at the former stage itself, to remain stagnant at the questioning level itself is even more dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...