Pages

12 January 2012

Chastity

While the animator shared some good points about the virtue and vow of chastity, I picked up the following terms which make a lot more sense than just 'sexual purity': wholesome relationship (this is basically what I have been driving at during my Anthropology classes with my students); sexuality as openness or universality wherein everyone is included and there are no 'particular friends'; transparency too comes within that aspect, I guess.

Another aspect which the preacher hinted at but is very relevant is the relationship between sexuality and trust. People, especially those facing difficulties in their relationships, prefer to approach a Priest for they trust that he is a man of God. That though he lacks an experiential knowledge of such matters, he can be trusted because he is detached from any bonds. This trust truly means a lot. And trust ought to be earned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...