Pages

27 July 2011

On death and prayer

Last evening's recollection talk of Fr Loddy was on death and the need - or rather the urgency - to convince oneself that God loves me, before my faculties run out of power and strength. Using life experiences of the past, he narrated how, the last stages of life (moments before entering the next state of life) could be... all based on how well one is ready for that moment or how deeply is one convinced that God truly loves me (not a generic 'knowledge' by a personal 'me').

Another beautiful aspect he touched upon was the whole concept of prayer. He defined prayer, as stated by ... (I forget, who), as discussion without masks. Plain talk with nothing to hide. Even if it meant vomitting one's venom and anger or frustration out on God... even that can be prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...