Pages

29 April 2024

Tributes to one's dad

It has been a while now, since I came across these two songs... both of them about the figure of the father in the family, especially from the perspective of the child.  Two very beautiful and moving tributes to their respective Dads... Very very meaningful and heartfelt, deep from one's own personal experience. 

Jax - Like my father loves my mom

I wanna come home to roses, 
Dirty little notes on post-its
And when my hair starts turning grey,
He'll say I'm like fine wine, better with age.
I guess I learnt it from my parents,
that true love starts with friendship
A kiss on the forehead, a date night
fake an apology after a fight.

I need a man, who's patient and kind
Gets out of the car and holds the door
I wanna slow dance, in the living room like 
we're 18 at senior prom and grow old with someone 
who makes me feel young 
I need a man, who loves me like ...
my father who loves my mom! 

The other one is about a son expressing his anguish at his dad's serious illness. 

Dean Lewis - How do I say goodbye...

How do I say goodbye 
to someone who's been with me for my whole damn life 
you gave me name and the colour of my eyes
I see your face when I look at mine
So how do I say goodbye


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...