Pages

27 April 2024

Expectations, involvement and rights

 We recently concluded the Provincial Chapter of the Province.  Personally I'd invested myself in the questionnaires in the preparation of the same.  I was keen to do so.  However, I did not pin my hopes to the Chapter itself achieving much.  I purposely did not expect much to happen.  Doing so, has really helped me accept the fact as it is.  I get agitated if planned events and processes do not yield proportionate results. So for this time, I didn't raise my level of expectation. In fact, I didn't have any expectations at all.  

On the other hand, looking back at the whole process and event itself, I ask myself what is the most significant aspect that we learnt from the Chapter? What is it that we take forward from there?  Unfortunately there isn't anything worthwhile!  One chief reason is that collectively, we avoided and left out the most pertinent aspects and were happy to get involved and excited about the trivial!  We dissipated our time and energies on the peripherals, without letting ourselves be challenged by the core values or issues.  

And then, looking at myself... I should acknowledge I've no much right to complaint because I did not actually let myself get involved in the common effort - personal, very much - but not the collective part. I should have drawn our attention to those important aspects - although I did just a couple of times, but only when I felt really exasperated.  So I honestly cannot give myself the right to grumble either!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...