Pages

25 August 2011

Sense of belonging & Commitment

The gospel of this morning (Mt 24: 42-51) which speaks of the faithful servant and the master and all that very well speaks of the need to be alert and prepared. However, something that it already implies directly prior to speaking about being prepared or alert is a sense of belonging. When the latter is present, one is always at home, ready and waiting. It is only when someone does not 'belong' to a place or group that one has to be ready for the 'real owner'. Fine, it is not necessary that I need to own a place or people to have a real sense of belonging. All that it requires is my decision to be part of it or not.

Consequentially, it goes without saying that to the extent I feel that I belong to a particular place or people, will be the degree of my commitment to the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...