Pages

19 August 2011

Attracting and battling mosquitoes

I'm always mauled by the mosquitoes. Every time I enter the farm I return with at least half a dozen mosquito bites. Now the bites themselves may seem harmless but the resulting itching and swelling that it causes, is a real irritation. In the evenings, after the work and game, if I'm still around in my games attire, I'll have to keep dancing to save myself from being attacked. I also observed that several Brothers are quite comfortable with the mosquitoes. The mosquitoes just don't bite them!! Oh boy, how I envy them!!

Only this evening, like most evenings as I danced around to save my skin - literally - a trained medical student observed my plight and straight away asked me if my blood group is O +ve. When I replied in the affirmative, she told me that mosquitoes have a special attraction for this particular blood group. She did not have the details but stated that it has been scientifically proved.

So I guess, I'll have to just live with it for the rest of my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...