Pages

09 January 2011

Silence after the Baptism

As I joined Fr KT for Mass this morning, and reflected on the liturgical event of the day, the Baptism of the Lord, I wondered where was Jesus when John the Baptist was beheaded. Why didn't he say anything at all about this murder? Or is it another example/proof for the concept of predestination (God knows what's going to happen to me)? Or is it that Jesus said something but it was not recorded?

I'd rather make believe myself of the last option: that Jesus spoke or said something about the foul murder, but it failed to make it to the Book. I find it impossible to even think that Jesus could have kept totally and innocently silent at the occurrence of such a terrible act.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...