Pages

03 January 2011

The NT from the beginning ...

I read a book about the transfiguration of the Lord today (not that it is one of my favourite topics, but for a review). Reading it I came across a theological debate that has as its starting point the doubt if this whole event of transfiguration is a chronologically misplaced post-resurrection event in the Galilean mission? We all know that the Bible (I mean the New Testament) was written from the perspective of the Resurrection. It was a 'recalling back' of the life and mission of Jesus from the moment of his Resurrection. I was wondering how would it have been, had the New Testament been written along the time of Jesus' life... not from the 'eyes' of the Resurrection? Well that's an interesting exercise that one could undertake... but this I am sure, it would certainly not be the same as we have it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...